[X-Unix] Orig G3 desktop and OS X

Brent Baisley brent at landover.com
Thu Oct 21 13:04:06 PDT 2004

I've heard of a utility that would allow you to install OS X on "old"
machines, but maybe not THAT old (I do have one at home running OS9).
Performance would probably be abysmal, especially if you have the
original Rage II(?) graphics chip. I haven't even attempted installing
OS X on any of the Beige machines I have, but I have installed
Yellowdog linux on a Beige G3. I would recommend going the linux route.
You'll be able to work with it if you are looking for command line and
performance will be much better.
I hope you've upgraded the hard drives though, that will probably be
your biggest performance hit.