[X-Unix] Online resources?

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Sat Oct 23 07:48:30 PDT 2004

On Oct 23, 2004, at 2:05 AM, Mark Philip wrote:

> Hi all,
> Can you recommend on-line resources on the OSX command line?
> For example, stuff like setting up FTP servers, Apache web servers
> etc...
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Best,
> Mark.

Almost any Linux/*BSD/Unix resource will work for you.  There are some
very minor differences, until you get to the kernel-level
modifications.  That's where MacOS X is vastly different, being it's
based off FreeBSD 5.x (Mac OS 10.3.x) and the Mach 2.0 kernel.  Most of
the userland is from the FreeBSD side, whereas the kernel is primarily
based off Mach.  I would suggest you read through a how-to for freebsd
on the subject you're looking for.  i.e. google for 'apache setup
freebsd' and see what you come up with.

HTH
-----
Eric F Crist