[X-Unix] SSH without requiring password between 2 machines

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Oct 28 08:50:54 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:48:07PM +0100, Stroller wrote:
:
: On Oct 28, 2004, at 12:32 pm, Our Pal Al wrote:
: >
: >On the target I edited /etc/sshd_config to uncomment
: >"PubkeyAuthentication yes" and "AuthorizedKeysFile
: >..ssh/authorized_keys", and then turned Remote Login
: >of and on in the Sharing preference.
:
: I don't know if it's relevant, but I don't think you need to uncomment
: these lines, as the comments indicate the default, anyway.

Agreed.

: You should have only one period in "AuthorizedKeysFile
: ..ssh/authorized_keys"
:
: Stroller.

I only saw one period in his message.  My own response showed
only one period as well.  I'm not sure how you got to see "..ssh"
instead of ".ssh".  Weird.  Anyone else notice this?

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/