[X-Unix] Re: Repair permissions on volume with no OS?

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Tue Apr 5 14:03:40 PDT 2005

On Mar 27, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Bert Knabe wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2005, at 11:10 PM, Albert Lunde wrote:
>
> I hope this problem is one it can fix. I'm about to the point of doing
> a full backup (to make sure I have data from the current day) wiping,
> and restoring. But since I'm not sure what the problem is, I'm not
> sure that will fix it.
> No, all that was said was "that would generally indicate a permission
> problem." I sent them another message similar to the more informative
> message to this list because I had more information. So far no one has
> responded.

Bert,

If you're not worried about the permissions being strict, a possible
solution would be to try the following command, substituting the
correct volume for what I have here:

# sudo chmod -R 0777 /Volumes/all-my-files

This will set rwxrwxrwx (Read, Write, and Execute permissions on ALL
files of that volume, recusively).

HTH