[X-Unix] Re: Repair permissions on volume with no OS?

Bert Knabe bert.knabe at lubbockonline.com
Fri Apr 8 17:53:30 PDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 2:26 PM, Eric F Crist wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2005, at 1:39 AM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:
>
>> On 4/6/05 2:45 AM, "Eric F Crist" <ecrist at secure-computing.net> wrote:
>>
>>> If you read an earlier post, this is in regards to a data drive, not
>>> drive with all that sensitive information on it.  He's also using the
>>> "ignore permissions" option, which essentially makes everything 0777,
>>> or at the least 0111.
>>
>> Well, if he's using ignore permissions, why change the permissions on
>> the
>> files?
>
> Because he said that's not working either...

Wow, don't check email for a couple of days and look what happens.

Thanks for the additional suggestion. The problem resolved itself,
somehow. Probably coincidentally, there were three rapid stutters in
the electricity and everything went  back to normal after that. By
stutters, I mean dips low enough that lights dimmed and some computers
shutown. I wasn't here,  but from the description, raped means 3 in
less than 30 seconds. Basically just long enough for the lights to come
back up.

Thanks again

Bert Knabe
Computer Technician