[X-Unix] POPFile and Perl installation and setup

Jamie Kahn Genet jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz
Sun Apr 10 08:40:43 PDT 2005

I'm wanting to try POPFile <http://popfile.sourceforge.net/> so I can
get decent spam filtering with MacSOUP. Unfortunately I haven't a clue
how to get the Perl modules I need up and running or how to get POPFile
setup. The help files are all in high level geek so I'm left out in the
cold.

I don't suppose anyone knows of any step by step guides that could help
me out, please? I'm not stupid and am a long time Mac user, but all the
info on POPFile and Perl module installation and setup I can see assumes
too much knowledge - knowledge that I don't yet have. I wish for once
people developing OS projects would consider that low level geeks like
myself might want to use them!

TIA for any help you can give. I know you're busy people so if it would
be too time consuming to babysit me through the necessary steps I'll
fully understand. I wouldn't expect that. But any possible help URLs you
might have - if any - would be great.

I'm running 10.3.8 Personal edition, MacSOUP 2.7 (not that it really
matters what email client I'm using - I think) and run my own SMTP
server using Postfix.

Regards,
 Jamie Kahn Genet