[X-Unix] Which Window manager/Desktop Environment

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Sun Apr 17 11:25:54 PDT 2005

I've never seen the point of these environments on Unix.

My vote has gone for a long time, and still goes, to fvwm2 as window
manager. It's fast and still very configurable. Between that for
windows management and my own shell scripting skills I have no need for
further functionality.

And fink works pretty good on average. I had a conflict between some
packages a while ago, but the guys on the mailing lists are very
helpful in overcoming that sort of thing.

V.
--
Victor Eijkhout -- 865 974 9308
Department of Computer Science