[X-Unix] Perl Crashes, Debug Advice needed

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Tue Apr 19 06:04:07 PDT 2005

I am successfully running the slimserver msuic server software from slim
devices, which is all perl based. There is a nice 3rd-party plugin that
will integrate with iTunes, and it worked well for me in the 'old' version
of the slim server. Recently the server underwent a major upgrade (from
5.4 to 6.0), and after the iTunes integration plugin developer updated his
plugin, I tried installing that as well. Unfortunately, when the plugin is
in place, perl crashes (thus bringing the server down).

Nobody on the Slim Devices mailing lists can figure it out, so I am
turning here for help.

The plugin requires Mac::AppleScript::Glue, and perl dies when the plugin
tries to include this library.

Perl and Mac::Applescript::Glue were not changed between the server or
plugin upgrades. Nor is the section of the plugin where
Mac::AppleScript::Glue is included any different than the version for the
5.4 server.

Any ideas where to look for problems? Anyone knoe how to read a crash log
from perl?

I know it is a long shot, but homepfully someone here can help!

Thanks,

Allan