[X-Unix] Strange Files , .DS_Store, ._c.zip Etc...

Long, Jason longj at insanityabounds.com
Thu Apr 21 05:43:45 PDT 2005

 Hey All,

    Everytime I SSH Into my Mac from work, I see all of these .DS_Store
files which I have no idea what they're for anyways I'm sure they're
System items but when it happens to files like a zipped archive and all
of the other types of file it tends to make a set just like that for
example I have a file that is like this  C.zip  and in the ssh window
there's also a file like this ._c.zip  what's up with that? Is it safe
to delete these files or will they make the Main file corrupt? Also is
there a way I can make these not appear in the SSH Window like at work
I'm stuck using Windoze boxes so I fire up WinSCP and go into my Mac at
home, and see all of these weird files, I'm afraid if I accidenly delete
one of them then the other will become corrupt.

Cheers,
Jason Long
Insanityabounds.com
Administrator / Developer