[X-Unix] Using the CLI to delete "pesky" files/folders

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 24 15:48:19 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm the first to admit the the CLI is not my forte (to be honest that
is why I got away from Fortran, COBOL, CP-M and DOS a long, long
while ago).

However I have some folders and files that just sit in the trash and
refuse to be deleted, so I'm hoping that "sudo ..." something can
remove them for me.

These files refuse to be deleted because either they are "invisible"
in the Finder or allegedly I don't have the correct privileges.

I've tried booting the volume up in OS 9 to avoid the permission
issues but deleting ./trash doesn't seem to help.

Any thoughts?
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.
                                     --John S. Nichols