[X-Unix] Connecting Sys. 8.6 to Panther via Either net / AppleTalk

David Gilden dowda at coraconnection.com
Mon Aug 22 09:45:42 PDT 2005

Hello,

I just reinstalled Panther (G4), before the reinstall I could connect to an 8600 PPC running system 8.6,
as a guest user and see hard disk on the older Mac.

Now that Panther is up running,  I can not seem to see connect to the 8600, as I use to!

I think I should be using something like this in side of Panther in the "Connect to Server"

afp://computer_name_runing_8_6
But this is not working:: Where would find the ip address for the local mac, --
I looked in TCP/IP and IP address but that did not work either....!

Both Macs and see the Internet and are connected to the same local hub/switch

What do I need to do, -- Apple Talk in enabled on 8600.

Thanks for any help or guidance here,

Dave Gilden

(kora musician / audiophile / webmaster @ www.coraconnection.com  / Ft. Worth, TX, USA)

Visit my schedule page for up to the minute performance info:
<http://www.coraconnection.com/cgi-bin/schedule.pl>