[X-Unix] Setting up an SFTP server? Or possibly an SSH option?

Jakob Peterhänsel jakob at hjemme.dk
Tue Aug 30 00:57:52 PDT 2005

On 30/08/2005, at 7:02, Rad Craig wrote:
>> You'll have to keep ssh running on your OSX box, though. You can
>> find it
>> under system preferences->sharing
>
> Or I could turn it off and on depending on when I copy this backup
> file.  It would be nice to setup a cron job on my OSX box to turn
> that off and on so that I don't have to leave it running all the time.

If you're runnign 10.4.x, then just keep the SSH feature enabled in
the System Preferences. The ssh server will only run when launched
detect an incoming connection!

So, launched is taking over here - no need for cron scripts and all..
it's all already handled for you...  ;-)

     Jakob Peterhänsel

"Tell me why, don't we try, not to break our hearts
   and make it so hard for our selfs"
P.S.B. 1987

Email:     jakob at hjemme.dk
AIM:         Marook