[X-Unix] cp question

Russell McGaha RussellMcGaha at direcway.com
Thu Feb 24 14:01:01 PST 2005

Folks;
	I've got a question about how to only copy certain files of a folder
[more accurately to not copy].
	I've a 10.2.8 system [so I'll be using tsch] that I need to copy the
files in one director to another directory; this is no problem, BUT I
need to EXCLUDE a couple of files; this is a problem.  how can I 'walk
a directory and look at the next file to be copied and exclude it if
necessary'?
  my source directory will look something like
this:'/Backup-HD/DailBckups/DayOfWeek-Evening/'; destination
'/FolderToCopyTo/'.  I'm currently ending the source with a wild-card
'*' to copy everything.
	Any suggestions on how to EXCLUDE certain files that I know the exact
names of?

TIA
Russell