[X-Unix] Re: Unlinking a file... illegal characters?

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 24 18:49:55 PST 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 12:40 am, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 25.02.2005 um 01:14 schrieb
> x-unix-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com:
>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Try to simplify the file's name: remove the '..'. The programmes might
> think it's one level higher. What is GNU Emacs doing in this case?

Yeah, unfortunately I can't seem to do that.

I can move the containing folder out of .Trashes so that it is visible
in Finder, as shown in
<http://mac.stroller.uk.eu.org/crghygreyufgyg.gif>, but as soon as I
click on it, it disappears. So I can't highlight it, click on it, then
rename it. If I unmount the volume & plug it back in there, then file
returns.

Stroller.