[X-Unix] fonts for X11 app

Charles Medler clmedler at comcast.net
Sat Jan 1 08:59:32 PST 2005

I've sucessfully set up scribus working in X11 (Under MacOS 10.3.6). I
used the Font Settings panel in scribus to add new font paths (in
particular /Library/Fonts) Some True Type fonts in the library are now
available to scribus (e.g., Raanana.ttf) but others - including some I
do want (e.g., TimesNewRoman.ttf) are not.
What's going on? Getting info on those two font files shows no
difference other than their origin - Raanana from Apple, TimesNewRoman
from another source.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Chuck