[X-Unix] "Macintosh Compatibility" of Flash Disks

Alexandre Gauthier supernaut at underwares.org
Sun Jan 2 20:30:29 PST 2005

Jerry Krinock wrote:

>William,
>
>Thanks for the explanation.
>
>Among other things, I'd say you believe that OS X should support file
>reading and writing to any flash-based camera or mp3 player.

I would like to mention that I have seen some flash based USB devices,
when formatted in either FAT16/FAT32 (I don't remember which, sorry, I
will try again later) would not mount on the desktop, but would work
fine when mounted manually with fstype "vfat", as expected.

Alexandre Gauthier
supernaut at underwares.org

underwares.org
Obscure IT knowledge Open Database

The human brain operates at only 10% of its capacity. The rest is
overhead for
the operating system.