[X-Unix] CPU speed

Brent Baisley brent at landover.com
Tue Jan 4 13:52:05 PST 2005

That's not testing your connection speed, it's testing your browser
speed. Any bandwidth test should give you your bandwidth, not how much
time it takes to perform a certain task. Google for broadband speed
test.
Here's a quick one:
http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

That reported 1.3MB for me. I'm on a T1, which is 1.4MB. So that is
accurate considering overhead.

Cable is 10MB shared, your DSL is most certainly not that fast,
although it is not shared. At least until it gets to the switching
station. The more people that get cable modems in your sons
neighborhood, the slower his connection will get since more people are
sharing the same bandwidth.