[mac-wizards] Re: [X-Unix] CPU speed

CP vze2rwkt at verizon.net
Tue Jan 4 14:09:25 PST 2005

Mac OS 10.3.6
G5 2.5 GHz
2.5 GB's of Ram

and I type this command in where?

And I should see what, when I do this?

When I type it in the Terminal window and hit return, this is what I get?

____________________

Last login: Tue Jan  4 11:19:55 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
karllale% sysctl hw .cpufrequency
hw.ncpu: 2
hw.byteorder: 4321
hw.memsize: 2684354560
hw.activecpu: 2
hw.cputype: 18
hw.cpusubtype: 100
hw.pagesize: 4096
hw.busfrequency: 1250000000
hw.busfrequency_min: 1250000000
hw.busfrequency_max: 1250000000
hw.cpufrequency: 2500000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 2500000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 2500000000
hw.cachelinesize: 128
hw.l1icachesize: 65536
hw.l1dcachesize: 32768
hw.l2cachesize: 524288
hw.tbfrequency: 33329886
hw.optional.floatingpoint: 1
hw.optional.altivec: 1
hw.optional.graphicsops: 1
hw.optional.64bitops: 1
hw.optional.fsqrt: 1
hw.optional.stfiwx: 1
hw.optional.datastreams: 0
hw.optional.dcbtstreams: 1
top level name  in .cpufrequency is invalid