[X-Unix] Login Hooks running items on login a little bit too quickly

Steven Palm n9yty at n9yty.com
Mon Jan 10 06:53:04 PST 2005

On Jan 10, 2005, at 8:36 AM, Our PAl Al wrote:
> Don't quite fully understand it  but I think I can still use it.
>
>  Why do you have the [] around the F in Finder? When I use that line,
> it doesn't work.  ps -ax | grep Finder  (without the [] ) works fine.

  Strange, it should... It does work here as well.  The [] denote a
"set" of characters, but in this case there is only one so there's no
reason to use it.  I suspect it may have been [Ff]inder at some point,
matching upper or lower case F in front of inder.  But I'd probably
just use grep -i finder in that case, and let it find any combination
of upper and lower case. But you always have to be careful to only
match what you REALLY want so something else doesn't trip you up.