[X-Unix] Login Hooks II - thanks guys. One more issue

Our PAl Al opa at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jan 10 10:57:02 PST 2005

Thanks guys! I modifed the code to this -

#!/bin/bash
# Loop until Finder is up and running

ps -ax | grep [F]inder 2>&1 >/dev/null
while [ $(echo $?) == 1 ]; do
ps -ax | grep [F]inder 2>&1 >/dev/null
done

# now execute script
<code>

Only problem -- Ugh! Mac never logs in!

Script keeps looping until Finder is up, and the whole login process stops
right there in the looping script! The Finder never comes up.

How can I have this process loop *itself* until the Finder's up and then
execute, but NOT stop everything along with it?

Alternative would be to use System Preference's Login Items feature, which
starts things when the GUI is up, instead of using a Login Hook. But I need
to set this globally for any User who logs in, and I don't know yet which
.plist file to change to make this a global default.

- opa