[X-Unix] sftp instance during ssh shell?

Tom Shaw tshaw at oitc.com
Thu Jan 20 05:18:48 PST 2005

At 7:58 AM -0500 1/20/05, Jeff Porten wrote:
>I just had a brainstorm that maybe I've been an idiot.  This happens
>all the time....
>
>I'm ssh'ed to a shell on a remote computer.  I see a file on that
>side I want on this side.  What I've been doing is firing up a new
>window, sftp'ing in, cd to that folder, etc.
>
>Seems to me that since I'm already authenticated, there's probably a
>command that just says, "give me that".  Is there?

If you have SSH configured securely (eg, only identified hosts
allowed to connect and stored RSA keys on host) and your working from
a trusted machine (so you can build your keys for auto login) then if
you just use scp (secure copy)  you can move files back and forther
with no worries.

Tom

--

Cost effective anti-spam/anti- virus solutions
winnow - A Real-time Spam Fingerprint Identification Service