[X-Unix] X11 issues

Jakob Peterhänsel jakob at hjemme.dk
Sun Jul 10 12:01:37 PDT 2005

Regarding the X11.app missing, you can re-run your system CD/DVD and
install it.

On 10/07/2005, at 17:50, ~flipper wrote:

> The 'receipts' are mostly useless. i'm here with zero receipts,
> just ran software update, and it said, "Your software is up to
> date". So, maybe a receipt is screwng up the installer. one more
> good reason to trash the receipts. My .02

Well, then EVERY installation or 'upgrade' you do, will be treated
like a new fresh, clean install. Read this:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/
SoftwareDistribution/Concepts/sd_install_upgrade.html

That means downloading iTunes 4.9 and installing it over 4.8 could
WIPE your library, as the installer might clean-install iTunes.

This is Dangerous - alltough it's your risk...

     Jakob Peterhänsel

"Tell me why, don't we try, not to break our hearts
   and make it so hard for our selfs"
P.S.B. 1987

Email:     jakob at hjemme.dk
AIM:         Marook