[X-Unix] Networking "guru" needed, dialin PPP not working

Pablo jpablovilla at spymac.com
Mon Jul 11 13:49:36 PDT 2005

Ok, im not a guru or nothing like it, but something is really wierd
here, if you connect to the FreeBSD machine and it gives you an
192.168.1.x IP address then you will have 2 interfaces of the same
machine ( the FreeBSD machine ) in the same network, I dont think that
any machine can route that ,even if you set ip_forwarding it shouldnt
work. Try changing the network IP address of you DHCP in the FreeBSD to
something like 192.168.2.x and add a default route in the linksys
router( the one that works as a router ) to 192.168.2.x to the FreeBSD
machine.
This is the idea

			( 192.168.1.200 )
			    FREE-BSD
			( 192.168.2.200 )

			DIAL-UP

		     ( 192.168.2.10 )
		   YOUR POWERBOOK

Please let me know if it worked, or if what i just sayd doesn't make
any sense to you :)

Good Luck