[X-Unix] Need help w/.login and unix exec files

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:09:40 PDT 2005

All of a sudden, my tcsh isn't launching with my .tschrc file being read first.

That's a .login file issue, isn't it?

I set these things up a long time ago, and with the changes between puma-->Jag-->Tiger, i'm messed-up here.

Also, when i look through my files, in general, i see an awful lot of what used to be rather 'faceless' documents (.bash_history, .login, .profile, etc) that have these medium grey preview icons, with 'exec' in light green n them, and they are all showing "Unix Executable File as "Kind".

What's up with that? Are they still plain text .txt files? I know a couple things about Mach-O executables (they're still my friends) but thiis Unix executable with a proprietary looking icon... what version of Unix is that? The icon looks like something an Adobe refugee dreamed up...kinda scary, in a way.

And if it isn't too trivial, could someone point me towards re-orienting the terminal so that it looks at MY .tcshrc file before it gives me the first command prompt? I would be very grateful for some beginner's help on this.

Thanks.

brian s