[X-Unix] pronouncing "sudo"

Larry Helms lhelms at sonic.net
Wed Jun 1 06:30:28 PDT 2005

>From the Utilities home... Intro page:  http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/intro.html

Sudo (superuser do) allows a system administrator to give certain users (or
groups of users) the ability to run some (or all) commands as root while
logging all commands and arguments. Sudo operates on a per-command basis, it
is not a replacement for the shell. It's features include...

Using the logic above (superuser do) - it would be 'soo doo' - you wouldn't
say 'soop er uu zer doe' would you?  So why would you say 'soo doe'?  And
technically... You're not pretending... You really are executing the command
as the super user at the time of execution.

Larr.