[X-Unix] App launched by my crontab runs as root if Login Window!

Rod Buchanan lists at sofstats.com
Mon Jun 6 15:38:26 PDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 2:51 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

>> If I'm not mistaken, root disable, or not, you can still sudo su -
>> and
>> go wherever you want to.
>
> You're mistaken. When you launch Terminal, it normally starts up in
> your
> home directory. Now, if you enter this command:

No, he's correct.  When you run "sudo su -" and give it the correct
password you become root, and can do anything you want.  See below

     BigMac (rodb)$ sudo su -
     Password:
     BigMac:~ root# whoami
     root

FYI I do not have root enabled on my Mac.

--
Rod

"It is fortunate for government that the people do not think"
-- Adolph Hitler, 1934