[X-Unix] Run a VPN on a Mac?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Wed Jun 8 11:42:07 PDT 2005

Sometime in June Andre Perwin assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| If your goal is to access files on your home computer while you are
| away, perhaps all you need to use is Secure Shell (SSH) built-in to OSX.
|
| Apple's Remote Desktop will let you "take-over" a remote computer, but
| it is $$$.
|
| You would, however, need a static IP number on your home system (i think).

I use dyndns.org to map host names to my dynamic ip address. The basic
service is free and all you have to do is run a client on your computer at
home. You can use your own domain, or use one that the dyndns folks
provide.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key B23241CB