[X-Unix] Cron problem - Again

Marley Graham mgraham at aquaflo.com
Thu Jun 23 11:00:16 PDT 2005

I have my screencapture program running under cron on my machine. So
I figured I would do the same on some client machines for which I
have set up an admin account. But it doesn't work on the client
machines. Here is what I have:

On my machine:
$ crontab -l
0,30 7-16 * * 1-6 /users/marleygraham/screenpict

Where screenpict is the script:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/screencapture mg$(/users/marleygraham/exacttime)
exit

And exacttime is the script:
#!/bin/bash
/bin/date +%r > tempdate
awk '{print $1}' tempdate
rm tempdate
exit

On the client machine, I have set up an admin user isadmin. I logged
onto the client over ssh and set up the cron job using crontab -e.
Then I copied the scripts to the  client using ARD copy, changed the
owner to isadmin, and edited to change the username. So on the client
I have:

n$ crontab -l
0,30 7-16 * * 1-6 /screenpicsa

Where screenpicsa is:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/screencapture /isscreen$(/exacttime)
exit

And exacttime is:
#!/bin/bash
/bin/date +%r > tempdate
awk '{print $1}' tempdate
rm tempdate
exit

The files look like:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 isadmin  isadmin       82 22 Jun 16:40 exacttime
-rwxr-xr-x    1 isadmin  isadmin       67 23 Jun 08:21 screenpicsa

I am not getting any files generated by cron. Any ideas why?

Marley Graham
Aqua-Flo Supply