[X-Unix] automounting when a network becomes available

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Tue Mar 15 19:26:11 PST 2005

Sometime in March Jerry Krinock assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| tell application "Finder"
|     mount volume "afp://sn:password@10.0.1.201/Macintosh HD/"
| end tell
|
| where:
|    sn is a short user name on the desired volume
|    password is the user's password
|    10.0.1.201 is its IP address of the desired volume
|    Macintosh HD is its name
|
| Yeah, I know that putting a password in a script like this is not good
| security.

Sorry if this seems a little basic, but where would I put the script?
Should I put it in cron, or is this something that goes directly into OS X?
To give you a better understanding of where I'm coming from. I've spent the
last 7 years using only Linux, more or less, and I'm not really up to speed
on all the nuances and features of OS X.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key F65A739E