[X-Unix] SSH trouble

Chris Ruscio cruscio at cem.uvm.edu
Wed Mar 16 19:32:35 PST 2005

Hi all,

I have an old powerMac running behind a router in my dorm room.
I set the router to forward port 22 to it.

When I'm on my network with my iBook, I can ssh to it's local IP
(192.168.blah.blah). or if the powerMac is pluged right into the wall
there's no issues...

However, when I ssh to the router's IP from outside the local network, I
get the message below...

How do I add a key to the known_hosts file? or should i be doing
something else to fix things... ???

Thanks,
Chris

[Username]>ssh ###.###.###.###
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
13:4c:....:blah:blah:....:9a:30.
Add correct host key in /Users/[Username]/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of
this message.
Offending key in /Users/[Username]/.ssh/known_hosts:30
RSA host key for ###.###.###.### has changed and you have requested
strict checking.
Host key verification failed.
[Username]>