[X-Unix] Getting volume name from a disk image file?

Steve Herman sherman at lmit.com
Fri Mar 25 09:04:40 PST 2005

Is there a command that can be used to get the volume name out of a
disk image file without having to actually mount the disk image?

hdiutil attach DiskImage.dmg

will output some data that includes the volume name that it's just
mounted... but if possible I don't really want to mount the image.

hdiutil imageinfo DiskImage.dmg

does not seem to include the volume name in it's output. Although
there's a "partition name" listed it does not match the volume name I
get when I actually mount the image.

Thanks for any help,
Steve
--

Steve Herman
Macintosh Software Development and Support