[X-Unix] Re: IP stuff

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Tue Mar 29 10:58:03 PST 2005

On Mar 29, 2005, at 1:01 AM, Timothy Luoma wrote:

> Not sure about DHCP, as I'm not using it in my setup.

Ah, now that
http://www.underwares.org/zcgi/contents/Members/mr_daemon/guides/osx/
osx_fdhcp/view is working again (and I'm on a DHCP network today) I can
tell you that

	ipconfig getpacket en0 | grep "^server_identifier" | awk '{print $NF}'

will give you the DHCP server.

I've written a little shell script that will format the information
that you are most likely looking for and output it into a readable
(i.e. "simple") format.

http://tntluoma.com/scripts/shellscripts/ipall.sh

Suggestions for improvements are welcome.  I have not yet tested it on
a static (non DHCP) network.

TjL