[X-Unix] Beginner Questions: Setting up access to localhost for testing only.

Jakob Peterhänsel jakob at hjemme.dk
Thu May 12 16:06:13 PDT 2005

Hi,

Well, the world will not be able to read your config.inc.php file, as
it's PHP and only set up a lot of variable in the current session.
If PHP is enabled, if will parse the file, and if you look at the
code, it will not output anything. Try it!

Permissions on the files under the wedserver documents should be as
the top level is, unless you create a special folder where PHP should
be able to Write/delete files. If you set you a XOOPS site (or
anything else that needs a cache access), you will permit this on
special folder, but only to the WWW user/group - ie. Apache.

Hope it helps,

     Jakob Peterhänsel

"Tell me why, don't we try, not to break our hearts
   and make it so hard for our selfs"
P.S.B. 1987

Email:     jakob at hjemme.dk
AIM:         Marook