[X-Unix] exe files

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Sat May 14 21:36:24 PDT 2005

Sometime in May Richard Nagle assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| what to make a text files a execuitable

| i.e.
|
| Instead of typing this in:
| cat Library/Logs/mailfilter.log | grep "Deleted" | sed "s/.*Deleted.*\[Applied
| filter: '//g" | sed "s/' to '.*//g" | sort | uniq -c | grep -v "   1" | sort -r
|
| Want to make a execuitable file,
| so that I can just double click and it would open terminal window
| and run the line command.
|
| I want to call the file, spamreport

Put the command in a file. You might want to add sleep at the end so you
can see the output:

<spamreport>
 cat Library/Logs/mailfilter.log | grep "Deleted" | sed "s/.*Deleted.*\[Applied filter: '//g" | sed "s/' to '.*//g" | sort | uniq -c | grep -v "   1" | sort -r
 sleep 3
</spamreport>

Then make the file executable by typing:

chmod 755 spamreport

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi