[X-Unix] Beginner: htpasswd for Webserver & user Site?

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Sun May 15 10:21:48 PDT 2005

On May 15, 2005, at 10:26 AM, dm87 at proparallax.com wrote:

> I got it working!  I retraced my steps and deleted or undid everything
> I had done over the last two days.  Then I started over again and
> followed the instructions found here:
> <http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/01/29/
> apache_macosx_four.html?page=2>
>
> Donna dm87
>

>> I have successfully protected my /Library/WebServer directory using
>> .htaccess and .htpasswd, by following the instructions found here:
>> <http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12005>
>>
>> I also want to protect the "Site" folder, found in my "Users"
>> account, using .htaccess and .htpasswd.  Can this be done and if so
>> how would I go about doing it?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Donna dm87

Also, being that you're using Apache, you can always look at the
documentation found at www.apache.org.  Remember that aside from the
great GUI, Mac OS X is just another *nix system.  Most of the
configuration/setup instructions you find on the net about configuring
software on FreeBSD, Linux, or Unix will apply to you Mac OS X system.

Glad you were able to fix it on your own!