[X-Unix] 10.4: manpath seems not to be working properly

Jason Verlander gurple at mac.com
Tue May 17 06:59:47 PDT 2005

After _upgrading_ to 10.4 I've found that manpath is not analyzing
and finding man pages for items that have been placed into /usr/local/
bin with the man pages being put into /usr/local/man. I have /usr/
local/bin in my path and manpath should automatically add /usr/local/
man to my search path it seems. At least, that's the way the manpath
man page seems to indicates.

Anyone seen this or have any thoughts on how I might resolve it?

Cheers,
gurple

--
We've secretly replaced his regular signature with Folgers Crystals®.