[X-Unix] 10.4: manpath seems not to be working properly

Jason Verlander gurple at mac.com
Tue May 17 09:16:07 PDT 2005

Kent,

Thanks for the tip. This is how I addressed the problem.

Incidentally the -w parameter is not recognized by whatever version
of makewhatis I have installed though its man page makes mention of
it as an available switch.
Runing strings on the makewhatis binary returns this line:

$FreeBSD: src/usr.bin/makewhatis/makewhatis.c,v 1.9 2002/09/04
23:29:04 dwmalone Exp $

I'm not sure if a clean 10.4 install uses a newer version of this
tool. Running it with no parameters set seems to work though.

Cheers,
Jason

--
We've secretly replaced his regular signature with Folgers Crystals®.