[X-Unix]from tcsh to bash

William H. Magill magill at mcgillsociety.org
Thu May 19 19:02:13 PDT 2005

On 19 May, 2005, at 19:58, Dan Frakes wrote:

> ~flipper <lord.flipper at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So, what's the trivial method of adding the subsytem to Spotlight?
>>

> There are a couple ways. If you want to include a folder such as /
> usr/bin in
> a "Finder window" search (i.e., what has replaced the Find dialog
> in Tiger),
> you just use the "Others" button and add the desired directory (e.g.,
> /usr/bin) to the list of places to search.

That's about as obscure as you can get ... You're saying that the
Finder Search
matches the Spotlight search? [And the only way you can get the
Finder Search window to
show up is to use cmd-f, there is no pulldown associated with the
finder search window any longer.]

... then why is, in my case, the System folder selected for Finder
Searches, but nothing shows up which I know to be there, in
Spotlight? [search for "frameworks" as an example. It finds the
directory in /library but not the one in /system/library]

Not to mention the fact that selecting multiple disks does not stick
across multiple selections  ... I suppose it's a bug, the only disk
that sticks for me is the one where the home directory is mounted
(I'll have to play with that a bit and send it in).

> Or, for more options, see this page at MacOSXHints:
>
> <http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2005050222125145>

Has MacOSX hints buggered their website, or did 10.4.1 (or 10.4.0)
bugger Safari?

That hint refuses to display in less than about a 17 inch wide
screen. It doesn't matter how wide I resize my Safari window, (15
inch screen) there is still a scroll bar across the bottom.

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# Beige G3 [Rev A motherboard - 300 MHz 768 Meg] OS X 10.2.8
# Flat-panel iMac (2.1) [800MHz - Super Drive - 768 Meg] OS X 10.3.8
# PWS433a [Alpha 21164 Rev 7.2 (EV56)- 64 Meg] Tru64 5.1a
# XP1000  [Alpha 21264-3 (EV6) - 256 meg] FreeBSD 5.3
# XP1000  [Alpha 21264-A (EV 6.7) - 384 meg] FreeBSD 5.3
magill at mcgillsociety.org
magill at acm.org
magill at mac.com
whmagill at gmail.com