[X-Unix] parsing a file into smaller files

David Haines haines.d at comcast.net
Sat May 28 20:53:48 PDT 2005

I'm sure this is possible, but simply beyond my current know-how.

I have a file that is really the collected text of hundreds of emails, that
I need to parse out into multiple individual files, rather than the one
collected file I have.

So then, could I use Perl perhaps, to generate a new file, taking everything
from the text:
From:
up to but not including the next instance of:

and then beginning with that next occurrence of "From:", separate the next
bit of text out to another file, and so on (etc.)

Any/all tips/advice/input welcome.

TIA !