[X-Unix] Cron problem? [maybe]

Russell McGaha RussellMcGaha at direcway.com
Thu Nov 10 17:48:57 PST 2005

Folks;
	I've a bit of a problem; I have an automated script to open a
Filemaker Document that doesn't always fire of correctly.  The bash
script is supposed to open the document, at 1825 via cron, only
sometimes it launches the application without opening the document.
Here is the script;

#!/bin/bash

FileMaker="";
let loop=0;
echo "Start"
open /AutoCloseDown;

while [[ "$Filemaker" = "" && ((loop -lt 2)) ]]; do

open /AutoCloseDown;
Filemaker=$(top -l1 | grep "FileMaker");

echo "Filemaker= "$Filemaker

let loop++
echo $loop
sleep 5
done

echo "stopping"
exit 0

As you see I try to open the doc twice [to make sure it launches], I
thought at first the Filemaker was not launching, but the script now
makes sure it does, and the app is open but the Doc doesn't open.
I've also tried this with an Applescript with similar erratic
results.  Has anyone out there had any troubles like this??  And more
important, have any idea how to make sure this doc opens consistently???

Russell