[X-Unix] pop server for Tiger

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Thu Nov 24 10:30:44 PST 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 9:41 AM, Charles Howse wrote:

> I want to collect local mail into Entourage on my 10.4.3 box so I
> can see
> the results of the periodic functions.  I have /etc/defaults/
> periodic.conf
> set to mail the results to 'charles'.
>
> I can handle everything else, but what pop3 servers are available
> for OS X?

http://blog.kung-foo.tv/archives/000654.php is an article on setting
up qpopper on 10.3 - free, but unsupported from Qualcomm.

A much better choice would be Postfix Enabler, $10, from Cutedge -
http://www.cutedgesystems.com/software/PostfixEnabler/, which
explicitly supports 10.4.x and has detailed setup documentation.

Phil
--
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though
she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I