[X-Unix] pop server for Tiger

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Thu Nov 24 13:12:01 PST 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Charles Howse wrote:

> I can handle everything else, but what pop3 servers are available
> for OS X?

Two years ago I set up a single processor PowerMac G4 running OS X
client version as our corporate intranet mail server.  I installed
Darwin Ports and the courier-imap/courier-pop servers instead of
using Apple Mail Services on OS X Server simply because courier
integrates seamlessly with Maildir.

I use Postfix as the MTA.  That box has since been upgraded to Tiger
Server.

The Darwin Ports collection for OS X can be found here, and you'll
find courier-imap/courier-pop3d in the Ports collection:
http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/getdp/

--
Chris Olson
Advanced Systems Technologies, Inc