[X-Unix] A little shell scripting help

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Tue Oct 4 08:59:09 PDT 2005

At 02:35 -0700 10/4/05, Philip J Robar wrote:
>'[' has been a built-in in all modern shells that use it for years.  The '[' in /bin is just there for compatibility.

Most interesting. Why then is the space still required?

>You should read <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/>  if you haven't already.

Been there and done that. It still makes no mention of the Debian tcsh. And no shell wars please. Susan Anthony's God wants me to use tcsh, but thank God others can, even in AppleScript, use what they like.

--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, but not thoroughly, thought through.