[X-Unix] which perl program is running?

Alexandre Gauthier supernaut at underwares.org
Thu Oct 20 15:27:33 PDT 2005

Adrian Simmons wrote:

> Alexandre Gauthier wrote:
>
>> ps waux | grep [p]erl5
>

> That looks just the job thanks! And 'man ps' let me understand why.

No problemo :)
I should have explained that the "w" toggles "wide" command view, but I
was really knocked out at that time.

> root        66   0.0  0.2    45180   2432  ??  Ss    9:48AM   0:13.50
> /usr/bin/perl5.8.6 -T -w /usr/bin/spamd

You run spamassassin using the perl script?

> And it looks like it's my cron jobs running sa-learn might be one of
> things troubling me (hard to tell since I'm compiling an update to KDE
> via Fink at the moment).

Or it might be spamd itself, that's a possibility.. I had the perl
version of spamd (as compared to spamc the C daemon) bring down mail
servers inside client networks...

I'd look at the spamc option if I were you, that's a stab in the dark,
but...

> Thanks again.

No problemo :)

--
Alexandre Gauthier
supernaut at underwares.org

underwares.org
Obscure IT knowledge Open Database

The human brain operates at only 10% of its capacity. The rest is overhead for
the operating system.