[X-Unix] enable remote desktop from CLI

Giovanni Cutolo cutolo at unina.it
Fri Dec 1 05:27:21 PST 2006

Hi,

I have a G3 iBook with MacOSX 10.4 whose video board is as good as
dead. So, there is no way to use a monitor (built-in or external) with
it.  What I would like to do is to use the iBook remotely from another
computer in my LAN.  The only problem, I suppose, is that remote
desktop (as well as remote ssh login) were disabled when the iBook
crashed.
I am able to switch the iBook on, log in and open the terminal, where I
can effectively issue commands. (I am sure that this is working:   I
can see the iBook hard disk from remote, so I can test that commands
like creating a file do actually work.)    Does anybody know what is
the command to activate remote desktop or remote (ssh) login from the
terminal?  I suppose some defaults xxxx would do, but I would like to
know before going to the try -with-finger-crossed stage.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Giovanni Cutolo