[X-Unix] How to manually mount Firewire drive?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 4 05:41:08 PST 2006

On 4 Jan 2006, at 07:10, Lists wrote:

> If it is connected and powered on but NOT mounted, I try to mount
> it manually like this
>
> 	$ sudo mount /dev/disk2s3  /Volumes/BootBackup
> 	Password:<my admin password>
> 	/dev/disk2s3 on /Volumes/BootBackup: No such file or directory
>
> I can't figure out what is wrong.

That probably means that the directory /Volumes/BootBackup doesn't
exist.
You can make it with `mkdir` but it's better to use `diskutil mount /
dev/disk1s3` - this "uses the Disk Management framework to manipulate
local disks" so creates the directory automagically and will also
delete the directory automagically when you drag the volume to the
trash in Finder.

Stroller.