[X-Unix] "open" command syntax?

James Bucanek subscriber at gloaming.com
Fri Jan 13 10:47:49 PST 2006

You're mixing metaphores. Mozilla is an application. 'http://google.com/' is an URL. The 'open' command opens applications, documents, documents with an application, documents with TextEdit, documents with the default text editor, or URLs. But it won't send an URL to an arbitrary application.

>QUESTION: how do I open a url in mozilla from the commandline?

AppleScript?

osascript -e 'tell application "Firefox" to open location "http://www.apple.com/"'

--
James Bucanek