[X-Unix] "open" command syntax?

Aaron macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 13 22:09:22 PST 2006

I forgot to mention that firefox is my default browser, not safari. A similar alias works for icab, with the added advantage that I don't have to type in the "http://", since icab puts it in! To avoid having to type the latter for safari, try

> alias safari osascript -e \'tell application \"safari\" to open location \"http://\!\$\"  \'

and, to bring safari to the front, add at the end of either alias the following:

> \;open -a safari

 - Aaron