[X-Unix] How to determine which network component is failing

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Tue Jul 25 15:25:18 PDT 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 7:52 PM, Stroller wrote:

> On 24 Jul 2006, at 22:19, Charles Howse wrote:
>> It's too big for the 5k limit.  It bounced.
>> I've posted it here:
>> http://bubbabbq.homeunix.net/router_status.html
>>
>>> The "--form" parameter to `curl` may allow for button presses on
>>> a webpage.
>>>

>> Hmmm...I'll have to play with that.
>
> I think the relevant sections of the HTML are...
>
> <SCRIPT language=JavaScript>function pppoeAction(F,I)
> { F.pppoeAct.value = I; F.submit();}function DHCPAct(F,I)
> { F.dhcpAction.value = I; F.submit();}function showAlert(){alert
> ('');}</SCRIPT>
>
> and:
>
> <input type=hidden name=dhcpAction> ...
> <input type=button value='DHCP Renew' onClick=DHCPAct(this.form,1)>
>
> `curl --manual` gives more examples than `man curl`, but the http://
> curl.haxx.se/ website looks more comprehensive still. They have a
> mailing list, so you might find what you need by searching the
> archives of that, or posting to it.

I made quite a bit of progress playing with curl this afternoon.
FYI, the following commands work:

- Router -
# dhcp release - $ curl -u admin:pw "http://192.168.254.254/
Gozila.cgi?dhcpAction=0"
# dhcp renew - $ curl -u admin:pw "http://192.168.254.254/Gozila.cgi?
dhcpAction=1"
- Modem -
# Reboot Modem - $ curl -d "BUTTON_INPUT=Restart%20Cable%20Modem"
192.168.100.1/configdata.html

I will need a little more support on scripting the testing part, so
please stay tuned.
And a big "Thanks" for the link to the curl site.

--
Webmaster's Computer Page -
http://bubbabbq.homeunix.net/webmaster.html