[X-Unix] Terminal Syntax for Writing to /private/etc/authorization

Rick Gordon rick at rickgordon.com
Thu Oct 12 22:59:58 PDT 2006

It sounds as though PlistBuddy might be the answer.

<http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-54330.html>

------------------

On 10/12/06 at 5:54 PM -0500, Rod Buchanan wrote in a message entitled
"Re: [X-Unix] Terminal Syntax for Writing to /private/etc/au":

>On 10/12/06 2:39 PM, "Rick Gordon" <rick at rickgordon.com> wrote:
>
> > 2) Assuming I could get around that, how does the defaults command deal with
>> nested entries in a plist file? For instance, I'm looking for a quick and
>> convenient way (other than opening authorization in the Property List Editor
>> via Pseudo) to toggle the entry "rights > system.privilege.admin  > group"
>> from admin to wheel, or vice versa.
>
>This I'm not sure how to do.

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING